Monday, October 31, 2016

Songs and Videos Explained

If you noticed something new about this blog, you're right. There are two new features: a Song of the Day and a Video of the Day.

By uploading a different song each morning, I hope to provide a little bit of inspiration and fun to kick off your day or provide an outlet for readers to relax from the stresses of work. Songs are from all different genres but there won't be too much heavy metal.

Since beginning this little feature on October 18th, my five top favorite songs have been:

  1. "Dirty Water" by The Standells - - I'll give you one guess why (October 27, 2016)
  2. "Your's 4Sure" by We Are Leo (October 23, 2016)
  3. "Beautiful Day" by U2 (October 21, 2016)
  4. "Living on a Prayer": by Bon Jovi (October 29, 2016)
  5. "Let It Go" from Frozen (October 18, 2016) 

The afternoon video provides the same thing as the morning song. Around the 4:00 hour at work (or as I like to call it "The 4:00 Project Hour") where you have one hour left in the work day and you need an extra push to get you through. These two-to-five minute videos hope to do just that. As a disclaimer I have never posted any video that I have NOT already seen (and enjoyed) myself. I know not everyone is like me or has the same interests as I do but I hope some of the videos people can take something from them.

Anyone who knows me, knows I  love reading about leadership and watching videos. There's just something about the study of leadership that is so interesting so as another disclaimer there may be a lot of leadership videos (mainly from Simon Sinek) as well as sports videos.

Some of my favorite videos from October 18th:

  1. Kevin Spacey Narrates Kipling's "If" in Honor of David Ortiz (October 18, 2016)
  2. Boston Strong (October 24, 2016)
  3. Bob Davids Ted Talk: The Rarest Commodity is Leadership without Ego (October 21, 2016)
  4. Adam Scher: Leadership is a Process (October 29, 2016)
  5. Simon Sinek:  How Not to Manage People (October 28, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment