Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Song of the Day: Play Ball (J.Bristol)


Play Ball by J. Bristol

I've been waiting all day for the baseball game to come on
I'm in my easy chair, I got my old team colors on
An extra-large pizza and I'm ready to roll
I got my baseball cap, and my remote control
{Refrain}
Play ball! I just want to play
Whatever the season, whatever the reason
Whatever the inning, whoever is winning
It's all the same
I love that game
Play ball! I just want to say
Well a friend brings a bat, and as strange as it seems
Well it's a Sunday morning in the park at the edge of town
Me and the boys are just tossing the ball around
I guess you could say I'm the world's biggest baseball fan
In no time flat we got a couple of teams
{Refrain}
Now I could play ball for anybody
If I'm inclined
Because it's just call for everybody
To have a good time
And if I had my way, I'd just spend my life in the stands
It's America's game
So you don't forget, the plain truth is
Life doesn't get any better than this
{Refrain, then refrain ending with}

No comments:

Post a Comment