Thursday, June 13, 2019

Video of the Day: 15 Books Barack Obama Thinks Everyone Should Read


15 Books Barack Obama Thinks Everyone Should Read
Alux.com

1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Sometimes you need to immerse yourself in the magic and adventure. 
"Choose your friends wisely." 
"People aren't always what they seem."
"Everyone dies, but some never live."

2. "Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith

3. "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I may need to re-read this book again. The last time I read it, I was a junior in high school and didn't have the right mindset to truly grasp the concept of it. My mindset today is totally different and I would understand book better now. 

4. "An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments with Truth" by M.K. Ghandi

5. "Song of Solomon" by Toni Morrison

6. "The Three Body Problem" by Liu Cixin

7. "100 Year of Solitude" by Gabriel G. Marquez

8. "Self-Reliance" by Ralph W. Emerson

9. "Sapiens" by Yuval Noah Harari
Obama isn't the first person to put this on his top 10 must reads, so I guess I should pick up a copy to see what the big deal is all about. 

10. "Factfulness" by Hans Rosling
"We don't know what we don't know." 

11. "Future Face" by Alex Wagner

12. "The Golden Notebook" by Doris Lessing

13. "The-Post American World" by Fareed Zakaria

14. "Frederick Douglass" by David W. Blight

15. "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville

BONUS
Gee, I wonder what the 16th and bonus book is. But why wasn't this book number one on the list???

16. "Becoming" by Michelle Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment